Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Teeth

We've had a rough week around here when it comes to teeth.


Claire fell in the bathtub and chipped her front tooth on Saturday.


Today Drew was climbing on a play structure at the YMCA when he fell and hit his mouth.

He lost his first tooth.

The pediatrician and dentist both said there is nothing we can do for it but wait... wait for 5 years. 
He doesn't like looking at himself in the mirror because he hates to be reminded that his tooth is gone.
I think he'll be fine in the morning when he discovers what the tooth fairy brought for him. 


Spencer and I might have to start wearing mouth guards.
Here's to hoping that this is the end of the tooth escapades at our house.

5 comments:

Kate said...

What a toothcapade! I didn't have my two top canines for about four years. He'll get over it.

Rachelle said...

Cade has a chipped front tooth from an encounter with the kitchen sink and Jackson knocked out one of his two bottom front teeth at 10 months. I prayed for weeks for that tooth to grow back so I would stop feeling so guilty.

Lindsey Hicks said...

If it makes you feel better, I had a bad fall on a metal jungle gym when I was 2 and jammed a bunch of teeth into my gums. 4 teeth had to be pulled and I had a toothless grin till I was 9 when a dentist finally cut my gums and pulled my permanent teeth (they had been traumatized and wouldn't descend on their own). I have all my own teeth still and no psychological damage from looking like a jack-o-lantern for 7 years. My parents however were scarred for life. Whenever they see a photo of me as a kid they feel guilt and talk about it. Honestly, I don't think it would have occurred to me to feel embarrassed about how I looked in my childhood pictures if they didn't bring it up so often. If you act like it is no big deal Drew will never care.

Lindsey Hicks said...

In case that was confusing - the dentist just pulled my permanent teeth down - not out

Lindy Salmon said...

Oh no! I think this is why we have 2 sets of teeth :) They are still so cute!