Tuesday, August 01, 2006

The Last Little While...

I went camping a few weekends ago (Pioneer Day Weekend) right outside Teton National Park, it’s about 45 minutes from here. I went with some friends of mine from Ogden, they failed to tell me we were going to THEIR family reunion till I got there. It was fun though, the best part is, no one knew that I didn’t belong to the family. They had a family raffle and I actually ended up winning stuff. We went boating, played in the pine creek river, and ended up going to Jackson Hole before heading back to Rexburg. If you’ve been to Banff or Park City you can pretty much check Jackson Hole, WY off your list too. School has been consuming a lot of my time so I haven’t really had a chance to update anything on my blog really. Last week when I was leaving the library students on the BYU-I Activities committee stopped me and asked me to compete in a jump rope contest. They ended up gathering 4 other people and I ended up holding out the longest* and walking away with a FREE Jamba Juice coupon. The rest of the week was consumed with homework, studying and tests. Friday night the whole gang went Guitars Unplugged, one of the biggest events of the semester. It’s just a lot of acoustic guitar performances, and then a dance afterwards, it was really fun. Saturday my roommates and I went to Idaho Falls. It was nice to finally see some civilization and stores. We shopped for a while but ended up splitting up before heading home. Kaitlan and Emily were done with shopping which left Jill and I in Idaho Falls. Jill ended up buying an orginal NES nintendo, I can already tell our grades will soon be slipping. When we were finally through shopping I ended up calling Charlie Brown** who promptly picked us up and took us back to Rexburg. Saturday night we played some FUGITIVE. Everyone dresses up in black head to toe and attempts to get from point A to point B without getting caught by people driving around in cars with flashlights, if you do get caught you have to get in the car. Since Rexburg is so small we practically could play the whole distance across town it was fun. Satuday night/Sunday morning Jill and I spent rearranging our family room for a new feng shui. Around 5:00am We finally got to sleep only to wake up around 8 to start writing my talk for that same day. The talk was great (or so I was told), so I think I’m in the clear for the rest of the semester. For FHE on Monday my “family” attended the Rexburg National Dance Festival. Different nationalities show their style of music and dance down Main Street. After FHE I went to the field house to play some volleyball, they do it every Monday and Wednesday. It depressing to realize that you really can lose talent if you don’t work at it, I feel like I have a long ways to go just to get back to how I use to be…


*I jumped and won without a bra on.
**Names have been changed for privacy reasons; Charlie Brown would do ANYTHING for me muhahaha. P.S. he is on the far right in the picture

8 comments:

Stacey Salmon said...

Sara you are so funny. I cna't believe you went to a family reunion and won prizes. It sounds like you are having fun! See you soon!

Melinda Palmer said...

You're making me want to start there all over again! I'm jealous of all the fun! Are you staying there for the whole time, or are you planning on going to Provo?

Jason and Shannon Salmon said...

You are the craziest girl I know..you crack me up. Never a dull moment. I am impressed you can jump without a bra on...now that is talent! Have you ever thought of going on the show, "America's got talent"?...well you ott to give it some thought.

Heather Palmer said...

I love you. I'm diggin' the straw in the mouth. All you need is a sweet hat and a tractor. Actually I know where you could get one...

Tara Fears said...

LOVE the blog! Sara! I'm getting married in five days to the hottest boy! I'm so excited that you're going to be there!

Coach'n'Kartch said...

Free Jamba eh? I'd jump without a shirt or a bra for one of those. How could you lose volleyball talent? You need to have some before you can lose it... haha, just kidding. We'll play when you come down for the wedding.

KandyJill said...

DUDE who is that "Charlie Brown" kid... he's a freakin babe!

KandyJill said...

PS... we best meet all the hotties when we drive you down for school. So far me and Alana have work off... and Kaiti doesn't have a job.. yet.. so SWEET!!!

ROADTRIP!!!!